Lemon and artichokes accompany this easy, roast chicken dinner.
The ingredient of Chicken and artichoke bake
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 globe artichokes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6kg Coles RSPCA Approved Whole Chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 large red washed potatoes, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 large ripe field tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup oregano sprigs, plus extra leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken and artichoke bake
- Preheat oven to 200C or 180C (fan-forced). Squeeze 1 lemon half into a large bowl of cold water. Remove artichoke stems. Cut 3cm from the top of 1 artichoke. Rub cut sides with remaining lemon half. Peel and discard 2 layers of outer leaves until pale leaves are exposed. Use a teaspoon to scoop out and discard furry choke from the centre of the artichoke. Place in the lemon water. Repeat with remaining artichokes.
- Place the artichokes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Cook for 15 mins or until tender. Drain well. Cut into wedges.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large flameproof ovenproof pan over high heat. Cook chicken, turning, for 6 mins or until brown all over. Transfer to a plate. Cook potato and onion in the pan, turning, for 5 mins or until golden. Return chicken to pan with garlic, tomato, artichoke, stock and wine. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with oregano sprigs.
- Bake for 30 mins or until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens slightly. Top with extra oregano leaves.
Nutritions of Chicken and artichoke bakecalories: