Chicken caesar salad is a vibrant and colourful addition to the dining table.
The ingredient of Chicken caesar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 4 small corn-fed chicken breast fillets
- 8 thin pancetta slices, rind removed
- 8 cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp whole-egg mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 1 butter lettuce, leaves separated
- 2 cups picked watercress sprigs
- 1 cup fresh peas or frozen peas, blanched
- 1/2 cup freshly shaved parmesan
The instruction how to make Chicken caesar
- Mix 2 tablespoons of lemon juice with garlic and sugar, then season. Toss with chicken, cover and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 170u00b0C. Place pancetta on a baking paper-lined tray, put in oven for 5 minutes. Toss the tomatoes in 1 tablespoon olive oil, season, add to tray and bake for a further 5 minutes, until the pancetta is crisp and tomatoes are just soft. Remove and cool.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes each side, until golden.
- Transfer to a lined tray, roast for 5-6 minutes until cooked. Allow to cool, then slice.
- Mix mayonnaise, sour cream and remaining lemon juice. Season and add a little warm water if needed to thin out.
- To serve, top a large lettuce leaf with chicken, watercress, pancetta, smaller lettuce leaves, peas and tomatoes. Drizzle with dressing as you go. Scatter with cheese and ground pepper.
Nutritions of Chicken caesarcalories: 603.953 calories
calories: 29 grams fat
calories: 10 grams saturated fat
calories: 9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 76 grams protein
calories: 207 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 761.01 milligrams sodium