Take your tastebuds on an exotic trip with this authentic caramel chicken dish.
The ingredient of Caramel chicken
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 800g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, cut into thin ribbons
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Caramel chicken
- Make pickled cucumber Place vinegar, sugar and 1/4 cup cold water in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Add cucumber. Stir to combine. Set aside to cool completely. Stir in onion.
- Heat oil in a wok or frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, stirring, until golden. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Return chicken to pan. Add soy sauce. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Add sugar. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture is bubbling. Add fish sauce and juice. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until sauce thickens. Serve with pickled cucumber and rice.
Nutritions of Caramel chickencalories: 249.994 calories
calories: 8 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 17 grams carbohydrates
calories: 17 grams sugar
calories: 26 grams protein
calories: 105 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 960.89 milligrams sodium