Top this sensational coconut and lemongrass chicken salad with fried shallots for extra crunch!
The ingredient of Coconut and lemongrass chicken salad
- 2 medium Coles Australian RSPCA Approved Chicken Breast Fillets
- 400ml can light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp lemongrass paste
- 1/2 wombok, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into long matchsticks
- 2 cups bean sprouts, ends trimmed
- 1 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup (70g) peanuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp poaching liquid (see method)
The instruction how to make Coconut and lemongrass chicken salad
- Combine chicken, coconut milk and lemongrass in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook, turning occasionally, for 10-12 mins or until chicken is cooked through. Set aside in the poaching liquid to cool slightly.
- Drain the chicken, reserving 2 tablespoons of the poaching liquid. Coarsely shred. Place in a large bowl with the wombok, carrot, bean sprouts, onion, coriander, mint and peanut. Toss to combine.
- To make the nuoc cham, combine fish sauce, lime juice, vinegar, sugar, chilli and 1 tablespoon water in a jug. Stir until sugar dissolves. Stir in reserved poaching liquid. Drizzle over the salad. Toss to combine. Divide among serving bowls.
Nutritions of Coconut and lemongrass chicken saladcalories: 453.622 calories
calories: 26 grams fat
calories: 15 grams saturated fat
calories: 15 grams carbohydrates
calories: 12 grams sugar
calories: 37 grams protein
calories: 877 milligrams sodium