Make the most of citrus in this Aussie fave - lemon, lime and bitters.
The ingredient of Lemon, lime & bitters
- 4 lemons, halved
- 4 limes, halved
- 1L (4 cups) cold water
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1 tsp Angostura Aromatic Bitters
- Crushed ice, to serve
The instruction how to make Lemon, lime & bitters
- Juice half the lemons and half the limes. Thickly slice remaining lemons and limes, and place in a heatproof jug.
- Combine lemon and lime juice, water and sugar in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Pour the lemon-juice mixture over the lemon and lime slices in the jug. Cover and place in the fridge for 4 hours to chill.
- Divide bitters among serving glasses. Top with ice and pour over lemon-juice mixture. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Lemon, lime & bitterscalories: 122.368 calories
calories: 27 grams carbohydrates
calories: 27 grams sugar
calories: 1 grams protein
calories: 2.65 milligrams sodium