Curtis Stone and Lauren Mitchell cook Laurens favourite dessert - lemon curd vanilla cheesecake.
The ingredient of Lemon curd vanilla cheesecake
- Melted butter, for greasing
- 150g ginger-flavoured biscuits
- 60g unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 2 lemons)
- 1 large whole egg
- 1 large egg, yolk
- 35g cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 450g cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plain cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, seeds scraped
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp powdered gelatine
The instruction how to make Lemon curd vanilla cheesecake
- For the Crust: Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan.
- Grease the base and sides of a 22cm or 23cm springform pan with the melted butter. Invert base of pan so flat side without the rim is facing up. Line with baking paper and clip back sides. Cut 2 strips of baking paper to line the sides of the pan.
- Place biscuits in a food processor and blend to fine crumbs. Pulse in butter until well combined and mixture clumps together when squeezed. Press evenly over base of pan. Bake for 10 mins, or until golden and firm. Cool completely.
- For the Lemon Curd: In a large, heatproof bowl, whisk sugar, lemon juice, egg and egg yolk together. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and whisk continuously for about 10 mins, or until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove bowl from heat and whisk in butter and salt until well combined and thickened. Cool for about 10 mins.
- For the Filling: Blend cream cheese in a food processor until smooth and creamy, scraping down sides and base to ensure that no lumps remain.
- Add cottage cheese and blend again until smooth.
- Add condensed milk, egg yolk, vanilla seeds and sugar and blend well.
- Place water in a small saucepan. Sprinkle over gelatine, stand for 2 mins, or until gelatine softens. Stir over low heat until dissolved.
- With the food processor running, slowly pour gelatine mixture through the feed tube in a thin stream, blending until incorporated.
- Pour mixture evenly over the base then carefully spoon over lemon curd in a criss-cross pattern.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hrs, or overnight, until cheesecake is cold and set.
- To Serve: Unclip pan sides and remove cheesecake carefully from pan base with a large palette or flat blade knife and transfer to a serving platter. Remove baking paper from around the sides.
- Cut cheesecake into wedges and serve.
Nutritions of Lemon curd vanilla cheesecakecalories: 547.788 calories
calories: 37.8 grams fat
calories: 22.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 40.2 grams carbohydrates
calories: 30.1 grams sugar
calories: 13.7 grams protein
calories: 177 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 495 milligrams sodium