Everyone can enjoy the party with these gluten-free orange and lemon cakes.
The ingredient of Citrus syrup cakes
- 150g butter, softened
- 1 2/3 cups caster sugar
- 2 lemons, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2 oranges, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2 limes, rind finely grated, juiced
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup gluten-free self-raising flour, sifted
- 100g packet almond meal
- 1 1/2 tbsp milk
The instruction how to make Citrus syrup cakes
- Preheat oven to 170u00b0C. Lightly grease an 8 x 1/2-cup capacity mini loaf pan or a 12 x 1/3-cup capacity muffin pan.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, 2/3 cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon each of lemon, orange and lime rind for 8 minutes, or until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour, almond meal and milk to butter mixture. Mix. Spoon into pan. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Stand for 5 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack over a baking dish.
- Place remaining sugar and 1/3 cup each of lemon, orange and lime juice into a saucepan over low heat. Stir until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Boil, without stirring, for 8 minutes, or until syrup thickens slightly.
- Use a skewer to prick holes in tops of cakes. Pour warm syrup over warm cakes.
Nutritions of Citrus syrup cakescalories: