What could be better than a fluffy scone sandwiched with jam and cream, and served with a cuppa? A giant version, of course!
The ingredient of Giant scone cake with jam and cream recipe
- 450g (3 cups) self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 60g butter, chilled, chopped
- 250ml (1 cup) milk, plus extra to brush
- Demerara sugar, to sprinkle
- 230g (2/3 cup) strawberry jam
- 300ml Bulla Double Cream
The instruction how to make Giant scone cake with jam and cream recipe
- Preheat oven to 190C/170C fan forced and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Make a well in the centre. Add the milk and use a flat-bladed knife in a cutting motion to mix until dough starts to come together, adding a little more milk as necessary.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently for 1 minute or until just smooth (dont overwork it or the scone will be tough). Shape into a 20cm round and place onto the prepared tray. Brush the top with milk and sprinkle with the sugar.
- Bake the scone for 30 minutes or until risen, golden brown and it sounds hollow when tapped on the base. Transfer to a wire rack for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Use a large serrated knife to slice in half. Top with double cream and jam. Cut into wedges and serve with extra jam and cream.
Nutritions of Giant scone cake with jam and cream recipecalories: