A hint of coconut takes this moist chocolate cake to a whole new level.
The ingredient of Chocolate coconut cake
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp coconut essence
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Healthy Baker self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup milk
- double cream, to serve
- 200g butter, chopped
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
The instruction how to make Chocolate coconut cake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Grease a 6.5cm-deep, 20cm (base) round cake pan. Line with baking paper. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and coconut essence until fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift half the flour and half the cocoa over butter mixture. Add half the coconut. Stir to combine. Add half the milk. Stir to combine. Repeat with remaining flour, cocoa, coconut and milk. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth top. Bake for 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Make Chocolate buttercream: Place butter and chocolate in a glass or ceramic bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Beat mixture with a wooden spoon until thick and spreadable.
- Using a serrated knife, cut cake in half crossways. Place bottom of cake on a plate. Spread with one-third of buttercream. Sandwich with cake top. Spread remaining buttercream over top and side of cake. Serve with cream.
Nutritions of Chocolate coconut cakecalories: 566.191 calories
calories: 37 grams fat
calories: 24 grams saturated fat
calories: 51 grams carbohydrates
calories: 34 grams sugar
calories: 7 grams protein
calories: 121 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 386.68 milligrams sodium