Leaping lizards! This choc-rock sensation will drive the kids wild. Chocolate sauce, chocolate crackles and chocolate cake - decorate with toy dinosaurs and trees and youll go back in time.
The ingredient of Choc-rocks dinosaur cake
- 1 cup milk chocolate caramel popcorn
- 1 cup caramel-coated popcorn
- 1/2 cup mini choc honeycomb
- 500g butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 eggs
- 6 cups self-raising flour
- 2 cups milk
- 500g unsalted butter, softened
- 6 cups icing sugar mixture
- 4 tbsp milk
- 2/3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa, sifted
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
- 2 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 125g copha, melted, cooled slightly
The instruction how to make Choc-rocks dinosaur cake
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease two 6cm-deep, 22cm (base) round cake pans. Line bases and sides with 2 layers of baking paper.
- Make basic butter cake batter: Using an electric mixer with a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in flour and milk, in 3 batches, until combined. Divide batter between prepared pans. Smooth tops. Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Stand in pans for 5 minutes. Turn, top-side up, onto wire racks lined with baking paper to cool completely.
- Make Buttercream: Using an electric mixer, beat butter in a bowl until pale and fluffy. Gradually add icing sugar mixture and milk, beating constantly until combined. Add cocoa. Beat until smooth and combined.
- Using a serrated knife, level tops of cakes if necessary. Cut each cake in half horizontally. Place base of 1 cake on a 40cm round cake board or serving plate. Spread with 2/3 cup buttercream. Top with another cake layer. Spread with 2/3 cup buttercream. Repeat layering, finishing with a layer of cake. Spread remaining icing over top and side of cake.
- Make Chocolate Drizzle: Place chocolate and cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high (100%) for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Spoon chocolate mixture over top of cake, allowing it to drip down the side.
- Make Chocolate Crackle: Place puffed rice cereal, sugar, cocoa and coconut in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Add copha and mix well. Spoon mixture over top of cake. Place dinosaurs and trees on chocolate crackle mixture.
- Using picture as a guide, arrange popcorn and honeycomb on top and around the side of cake. Set aside for 30 minutes or until set. Serve.
Nutritions of Choc-rocks dinosaur cakecalories: