A classic winter soup enjoyed best on a cold night, with a loaf of crusty bread and lashing of butter.
The ingredient of South Indian pumpkin & coconut soup
- 1 x 170g pkt Continental South Indian Curry with Roasted Spices Flavour Base
- 1 kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, coarsely chopped
- 750ml (3 cups) water
- 185ml (3/4 cup) coconut cream
- 1 tbsp coconut cream, extra, to serve
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
The instruction how to make South Indian pumpkin & coconut soup
- Combine the flavour base, pumpkin and water in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender. Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Place the pumpkin mixture in the jug of a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a saucepan and add the coconut cream. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Drizzle with a little extra coconut cream and sprinkle with chives. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of South Indian pumpkin & coconut soupcalories: 369.972 calories
calories: 16 grams fat
calories: 12 grams saturated fat
calories: 45 grams carbohydrates
calories: 25 grams sugar
calories: 7 grams protein
calories: 1664.71 milligrams sodium