The ingredient of Spicy pumpkin and coriander fritters
- 500g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cubed
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp brown mustard seeds
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- 2/3 cup self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
The instruction how to make Spicy pumpkin and coriander fritters
- Cook pumpkin in a saucepan of boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Mash until just smooth.
- Make Basic batter: Sift flour into a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Whisk milk and eggs together in a jug. Add egg mixture to flour. Whisk until smooth. Stir in pumpkin, onion, cumin, ground coriander, mustard, coriander leaves and flour.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Using 1 heaped tablespoon mixture per fritter, cook 4 fritters for 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Repeat to make 16 fritters. Serve with coriander.
Nutritions of Spicy pumpkin and coriander fritterscalories: 238.522 calories
calories: 5 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 33 grams carbohydrates
calories: 10 grams sugar
calories: 12 grams protein
calories: 113 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 219.24 milligrams sodium