A tasty and warming chicken bake that packs in the vegies, making it a perfect family recipe.
The ingredient of Creamy chicken and pumpkin bake
- 500g kent pumpkin, peeled, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1/2 (480g) cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup pure cream
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 rashers streaky bacon, trimmed, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp parmesan, finely grated
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 6 (650g) Lilydale Free Range Chicken Thigh, quartered
- 120g salad leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Creamy chicken and pumpkin bake
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Arrange pumpkin and cauliflower in a 4cm deep, 19.5cm x 28cm (8-cup-capacity) oval roasting pan.
- Heat cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until just simmering. Remove from heat. Whisk in cheese and mustard until smooth. Pour over vegetables.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until just golden. Transfer to a bowl. Add breadcrumbs, parmesan and 1 tbs chives. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 2 tsp oil in pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 2 minutes each side or until browned. Remove vegetables from oven. Add chicken. Stir to combine. Sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and breadcrumb mixture is golden. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tbs of chives. Serve with salad leaves.
Nutritions of Creamy chicken and pumpkin bakecalories: 790.134 calories
calories: 56.9 grams fat
calories: 28.1 grams saturated fat
calories: 20.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 50 grams protein
calories: 231 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 844 milligrams sodium