Delicious and auspicious, these chicken-filled lettuce cups are associated with wealth.
The ingredient of Coconut chicken san choy bau
- 100g rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 500g Lilydale Free Range Chicken Mince
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, deveined, shredded
- 1 1/2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 small red capsicum, cut into 1cm pieces
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 tbsp Squid Brand Fish Sauce
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 8 large iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 cup bean sprouts, trimmed
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1/2 cup fried shallots
The instruction how to make Coconut chicken san choy bau
- Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 10 minutes or until softened. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a wok over high heat. Add oilSwirl. to coat. Add mince. Stir-fry, breaking up any lumps, for 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add lime leaves and curry paste. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add capsicum. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add coconut cream. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir in fish sauce and carrot. Remove from heat.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on a serving platter. Divide noodles among lettuce leaves. Top with mince mixture. Sprinkle with bean sprouts, coriander, mint and fried shallots. Serve.
Nutritions of Coconut chicken san choy baucalories: