The stunning new pavlova: meringue, mango and lime-kissed mascarpone.
The ingredient of Coconut, lime and mango vacherin
- 8 egg whites
- 400g caster sugar
- 85g (1 cup) desiccated coconut
- Desiccated coconut, extra, to sprinkle
- 400g mascarpone
- 120g (2/3 cup) pure icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tbsp finely grated lime rind
- 500ml pouring cream, whipped
- 2 large ripe mangoes, cheeks removed, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Coconut, lime and mango vacherin
- Preheat oven to 150u00b0C. Line 2 large baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Draw three 28 x 8cm rectangles on each sheet of baking paper.
- Use an electric beater to beat the egg whites in a bowl until soft peaks form. Add the sugar, a few tablespoons at a time, beating constantly, for 5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is very thick and glossy. Fold in the coconut.
- Place the meringue mixture in a piping bag fitted with a 1cm plain nozzle. Pipe straight lines crossways, side-by-side, over the rectangles. Sprinkle with extra coconut. Bake, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 1 hour 20 minutes. Turn the oven off. Leave the meringues in the oven to cool completely.
- Use a clean electric beater to beat the mascarpone, icing sugar and lime rind in a bowl until just combined. Add the cream and beat until just combined.
- Place 2 meringue rectangles, end to end, on a serving platter. Top with half the cream mixture and half the mango. Continue layering with the remaining meringue rectangles, cream mixture and mango, finishing with meringue.
Nutritions of Coconut, lime and mango vacherincalories: 672.785 calories
calories: 46 grams fat
calories: 31 grams saturated fat
calories: 61 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6.5 grams protein