Create authentic rice pudding in just a couple of minutes with some help from the microwave.
The ingredient of Lime and coconut rice with sugared pineapple
- 1 cup white long-grain rice
- 2 cups boiling water
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp finely grated lime rind
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 x 5mm-thick slices fresh pineapple, quartered
- Whipped cream, to serve
- Lime zest, to serve
The instruction how to make Lime and coconut rice with sugared pineapple
- Place rice in a 2.2 litre microwave rice cooker. Add boiling water. Microwave, covered, on HIGH (100%) for 12 minutes or until water has been absorbed (see note).
- Add coconut milk and caster sugar. Microwave, covered, on HIGH (100%) for 5 minutes.
- Stir. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH (100%) for 3 to 4 minutes or until coconut mixture has thickened.
- Stir in lime rind, lime juice and vanilla.
- Place brown sugar in a shallow bowl. Dip pineapple in sugar and turn to coat both sides. Serve rice pudding warm or cold with pineapple, cream and sprinkled with lime zest.
Nutritions of Lime and coconut rice with sugared pineapplecalories: 668.722 calories
calories: 20.7 grams fat
calories: 16.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 117 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5.5 grams protein
calories: 21 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 26 milligrams sodium