Ready in just 15 minutes, this big pot of tender lamb and golden potatoes is a true curry in a hurry.
The ingredient of Masaman lamb curry
- 2 tsp extra light olive oil
- 750g lamb eye of loin (backstrap)
- 2 tsp red curry paste
- 1 x 400ml can coconut milk
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 90g (1/3 cup) crunchy peanut butter
- 1 x 410g can Baby Potatoes, drained, rinsed
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Masaman lamb curry
- Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan over high heat. Season lamb with salt. Add to the pan and cook for 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Thinly slice the lamb diagonally across the grain.
- Add curry paste to the pan and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Add the coconut milk, stock, peanut butter, potatoes and sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Add the lamb and fish sauce to the curry mixture and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until the lamb is heated through. Sprinkle with the basil leaves and serve immediately with the rice.
Nutritions of Masaman lamb currycalories: 622.595 calories
calories: 37 grams fat
calories: 19 grams saturated fat
calories: 20 grams carbohydrates
calories: 52 grams protein