Blueberries and coconut are the perfect match in this delightful lamington with a twist.
The ingredient of Blueberry surprise lamingtons
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 150g (1 cup) frozen blueberries
- 130g (1 1/2 cups) moist coconut flakes
- 500g pure icing sugar
- 80ml (1/3 cup) hot water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 20g unsalted butter, melted
The instruction how to make Blueberry surprise lamingtons
- Preheat oven to 180C / 160C fan forced. Grease a 20 x 30cm lamington pan. Line with baking paper, allowing 2 long sides to overhang.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add salt. Use electric beaters to beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl for 8 minutes or until thick and pale. Sift one-third of flour mixture over the egg mixture. Fold until combined. Repeat with the remaining flour mixture, in 2 batches.
- Pour butter and water around the edge of the bowl. Fold to combine. Add the blueberries and gently fold to combine. Pour into prepared lamington pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until mixture springs back when lightly touched. Cool slightly in pan for 5 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Trim edges of the cake and cut into 15 squares.
- For white icing, sift icing sugar into a heatproof bowl. Add water, lemon juice and butter and stir until smooth. Place over a saucepan of warm water.
- Place coconut on a plate. Use 2 forks to dip 1 cake square in icing. Shake off excess. Roll in coconut to coat. Transfer lamington to a lined tray. Repeat with remaining cake, icing and coconut. Set aside for 1 hour to set.
Nutritions of Blueberry surprise lamingtonscalories: