Spice up summer fruits with coconut cakes and ginger ice cream. Delicious!
The ingredient of Summer fruits in jasmine tea syrup with coconut cakes and ginger ice cream
- 500ml good-quality vanilla ice cream
- 1/3 cup chopped stem ginger in syrup (see note), drained
- 1 jasmine tea bag
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Grand Marnier
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored, chopped
- 250g strawberries, hulled, quartered
- 125g punnet blueberries
- 1 mango, sliced
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 1 1/3 cups (200g) icing sugar, plus extra to dust
- 1 cup (70g) shredded coconut
- 5 eggwhites, lightly beaten
- 160g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
The instruction how to make Summer fruits in jasmine tea syrup with coconut cakes and ginger ice cream
- Soften ice cream in the fridge, then place in a large bowl. Fold in the chopped stem ginger until well combined, then return to the freezer for 2-3 hours until firm.
- Meanwhile, for the coconut cakes, preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Grease and flour 20 holes in a madeleine pan or mini patty pan (you may need to bake them in 2 batches). Sift plain fl our and icing sugar into a bowl, then stir in coconut. Add eggwhites to dry ingredients with cooled butter and vanilla extract. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Divide mixture among cake pans. Bake for 5 minutes, then reduce oven to 190u00b0C and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden and springy to the touch. Cool slightly in pan. Turn out to cool on a wire rack.
- Place the tea bag in a bowl, then pour over 1/2 cup (125ml) boiling water. Allow to steep for 5 minutes, then remove and discard tea bag. Add honey, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and stir to combine.
- Place the caster sugar in a saucepan with 3 tablespoons water and stir over low heat for 1-2 minutes until the sugar dissolves. Increase the heat to medium and cook, without stirring and watching to make sure it doesnt burn, for a further 3-4 minutes until you have a golden caramel. Remove the saucepan from the heat and carefully add the tea mixture. (Take care as the mixture may spit.) Return the saucepan to the heat and cook for 5 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat, then stir in the Grand Marnier. Set aside to cool completely.
- Place the pineapple, strawberries, blueberries and mango in the cooled jasmine syrup, turning to coat in the mixture. Cover and chill for 30 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse.
- To serve, place scoops of the ginger ice cream in 6 glasses or bowls, then top with some of the summer fruits and drizzle with syrup. Dust coconut cakes with icing sugar and serve on the side.
Nutritions of Summer fruits in jasmine tea syrup with coconut cakes and ginger ice creamcalories: