Soaked cashews, coconut milk and loads of lime juice and rind form the creamy topping for these low-cal raspberry-studded bars. Try them straight out of the freezer!
The ingredient of Tangy lime and raspberry bars
- 290g (2 cups) cashews
- 75g (1/2 cup) pistachios
- 45g (1/2 cup) desiccated coconut
- 8 (about 145g) fresh dates, pitted, chopped
- 100ml melted coconut oil
- 200ml light coconut milk
- 125ml (1/2 cup) fresh lime juice
- 60ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp finely grated lime rind
- 125g (1 cup) fresh raspberries or frozen raspberries
- Extra lime rind, to serve
The instruction how to make Tangy lime and raspberry bars
- Place 1 1/2 cups of the cashews in a bowl. Cover with cold water. Set aside for 4 hours to soak. Rinse cashews under cold running water and drain.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan forced. Grease the base and sides of a 20cm (base measurement) square cake pan. Line with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place pistachios and remaining cashews on the prepared tray. Cook for 3u00a0minutes. Stir in desiccated coconut. Cook for a further 3 minutes or until golden and toasted. Set aside to cool.
- Process pistachio mixture in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add dates and 1 tablespoon of the oil. Process until well combined and sticky. Press into base of the prepared pan. Use a straight-sided glass to smooth the surface. Place in the freezer for 1u00a0hour or until firm.
- Use a blender on high speed to blend the soaked cashews, coconut milk, lime juice, maple syrup, lime rind and remaining oil until very smooth. Place raspberries upright over the prepared base. Pour over the lime mixture. Place in the freezer for 6 hours or until set.
- Place pan in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to soften slightly. Cut into 25 pieces. Sprinkle with extra lime rind. Store remaining bars in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Nutritions of Tangy lime and raspberry barscalories: 166.344 calories
calories: 13 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3 grams protein