A delicious combination of butter, oats, golden syrup and coconut, its no wonder these biscuits are an Aussie classic!
The ingredient of Anzac biscuits
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 125g butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp boiling water
The instruction how to make Anzac biscuits
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Sift flour into a bowl. Add oats, coconut, sugar and lemon rind. Stir to combine. Make a well in centre.
- Place butter and golden syrup in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high (100%) for 30 seconds or until butter has melted. Stir to combine. Combine bicarbonate of soda and boiling water in a bowl. Add to butter mixture. Stir to combine. Add to flour mixture. Stir to combine.
- Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place balls, 3cm apart, slightly flattened, on prepared trays. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, swapping trays halfway during cooking, or until golden. Stand on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve.
Nutritions of Anzac biscuitscalories: 125.714 calories
calories: 6.7 grams fat
calories: 4.7 grams saturated fat
calories: 15.1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 1.3 grams protein
calories: 13 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 98 milligrams sodium