Each piece has the surprise of sticky coconut sandwiched between the dark choc layers. With layers of dark chocolate, this slice is a chocoholics dream come true.
The ingredient of Chocolate and coconut slice
- Melted butter, to grease
- 80g dark cooking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 80g butter, at room temperature, chopped
- 70g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 x 225g pkt shredded coconut
- 1 x 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 100g butter, chopped
- 300g dark cooking chocolate, coarsely chopped
The instruction how to make Chocolate and coconut slice
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Brush a 16 x 26cm (base measurement) slab pan with melted butter to grease. Line the base and sides with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water (make sure the bowl doesnt touch the water). Use a metal spoon to stir occasionally until the chocolate melts and is smooth.
- Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the chocolate and egg, and stir until well combined. Sift the flour and cocoa over the chocolate mixture, and stir until well combined.
- Press the mixture evenly over the base of the prepared pan. Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until firm to touch.
- To make the coconut filling, combine the coconut, condensed milk and egg in a bowl. Spread evenly over the chocolate base. Bake for 25 minutes or until light golden. Set aside to cool completely.
- To make the chocolate topping, melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Add the chocolate and stir with a metal spoon until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. Pour the chocolate mixture over the coconut filling. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes to set before cutting into 12 pieces.
Nutritions of Chocolate and coconut slicecalories: