This easy, refreshing and vibrant coconut apricot slice is just perfect for picnics with friends.
The ingredient of Coconut apricot slice
- Melted butter, to grease
- Plain flour, to dust
- 185g butter, at room temperature
- 215g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 120g (3/4 cup) self-raising wholemeal flour
- 115g (3/4 cup) plain flour
- 45g (1/2 cup) desiccated coconut
- 1kg btl apricot halves in syrup
The instruction how to make Coconut apricot slice
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Brush an 18 x 28cm lamington pan with melted butter. Dust with flour. Use an electric beater to beat butter and 115g (3/4 cup) of the sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition to combine. Stir in vanilla.
- Sift the combined flour into a bowl. Gently fold into the butter mixture. Spread the mixture evenly over the base of the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the coconut.
- Drain apricot, reserving 125ml (1/2 cup) of syrup. Pat the apricot dry with paper towel. Arrange apricot, cut-side up, on the cake mixture. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
- Place remaining sugar and reserved syrup in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 6 minutes or until syrup thickens. Pour syrup over apricots. Set aside to cool.
Nutritions of Coconut apricot slicecalories: 307.115 calories
calories: 16 grams fat
calories: 11 grams saturated fat
calories: 37 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams protein