On the hunt for a special breakfast? Try these gorgeous coconut and blueberry pancakes, served with crème fraîche and orange syrup.
The ingredient of Coconut and blueberry pancakes with creme fraiche & orange syrup
- 1 orange
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 160ml fresh orange juice
- 80ml water
- 4 extra large eggs, seperated
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 250ml coconut milk
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder, sifted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries
- Unsalted butter melted, to grease
- 200ml Bulla Cru00e8me Frau00eeche
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, toasted
The instruction how to make Coconut and blueberry pancakes with creme fraiche & orange syrup
- Use a zester to remove zest from orange. (Alternatively, use a vegetable peeler to peel rind from orange. Use a small sharp knife to remove pith from rind and cut rind into very thin strips). Stir orange zest, sugar, orange juice and water in a small saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Cook, without stirring, for 5-8 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly.
- Place eggs yolks, sugar, coconut milk and a pinch of salt in a bowl and whisk until combined. Gently fold in sifted flour and baking powder. Fold through u00bd of the blueberries. In another bowl, whisk egg whites to stiff peaks and fold into batter.
- Heat a non-stick frypan over medium-low heat and brush with butter. Spoon 2 heaped tablespoons of batter for each pancake, into pan and cook for 2-3 minutes each side until golden and cooked through. Keep warm while you continue with the remaining batter.
- Arrange the pancakes in stacks of 2 on serving plates, top with cru00e8me frau00eeche and a few blueberries. Drizzle with orange syrup and a sprinkle of coconut.
Nutritions of Coconut and blueberry pancakes with creme fraiche & orange syrupcalories: