This Brazilian-style prawn stew is an exciting new way to feed your family.
The ingredient of Brazilian-style prawn and coconut stew (Moqueca)
- 275g (12) fresh raw banana prawns, peeled and deveined, halved lengthways
- 5 cloves garlic
- Finely grated zest of 1/2 orange, plus 1 tbsp juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium brown onion, finely diced
- 1/2 (80g) small red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 (13g) long red chilli, finely chopped with seeds
- 3 tomatoes, finely chopped, from a 400g can of Coles Brand Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 400ml can TCC coconut milk
- Juice of 1/6 lime
- 3/4 cup Coles Brand Long Grain Rice, cooked (about 2 1/4 cups)
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh coriander, from a bunch
The instruction how to make Brazilian-style prawn and coconut stew (Moqueca)
- In a medium bowl, combine the prawns, 2 cloves garlic, orange zest and salt. Toss occasionally while making the stew.
- Heat a large heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the oil, onion, capsicum, chilli, and remaining garlic, and cook for 15 mins, or until the vegetables are very tender and nearly falling apart. Add the tomatoes and cook for 5 mins or until the tomatoes have broken down. Add the coconut milk and 1 cup water. Cover and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 mins or until flavours have developed.
- Add the prawns to the coconut mixture and cook for 2-3 mins or until the prawns are just cooked through. Stir in the orange juice and the lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the rice into bowls. Top with the stew, then sprinkle with coriander and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Brazilian-style prawn and coconut stew (Moqueca)calories: 365.192 calories
calories: 16.8 grams fat
calories: 14.7 grams saturated fat
calories: 35.3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4.6 grams sugar
calories: 16.8 grams protein
calories: 262 milligrams sodium