Bring beef bang up to date with fluffy coconut rice infused with fresh ginger.
The ingredient of Sesame beef with coconut ginger rice
- 400g (2 cups) jasmine rice
- 500ml (2 cups) water
- 400ml can coconut cream
- 5g fresh ginger, peeled, sliced
- 55g (1/3 cup) sesame seeds
- 400g-piece beef fillet
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 fresh red birdseye chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
The instruction how to make Sesame beef with coconut ginger rice
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Rinse the rice in a fine sieve under cold water until the water runs clear. Place the rice, water, coconut cream and ginger in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Season with salt. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Set aside, covered, for 10 minutes to stand.
- Meanwhile, line a tray with baking paper. Spread the sesame seeds over a plate. Season the beef. Roll in the sesame seeds to evenly coat. Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the beef, turning occasionally, for 4 minutes or until browned. Transfer to the tray. Roast for 12 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Cover with foil and set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Combine the chilli, vinegar, sugar and sesame oil in a bowl. Add the cucumber and carrot. Toss to combine.
- Thinly slice the beef and serve with the rice and cucumber mixture.
Nutritions of Sesame beef with coconut ginger ricecalories: 812.6 calories
calories: 38 grams fat
calories: 18 grams saturated fat
calories: 86 grams carbohydrates
calories: 31 grams protein