Spoil yourself with a decadent serve of banoffee french toast this weekend. Adorned with whipped cream, chocolate sauce, caramel and thick slices of banana, this is one french toast that wont disappoint.
The ingredient of Banoffee french toast
- 100g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 80ml (1/3 cup) milk
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp dark cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 40g butter, chopped
- 8 x 2cm-thick slices brioche
- 380g can Nestlu00e9 Caramel Top u2018nu2019 Fill
- Whipped cream, to serve
- 2 large bananas, thickly sliced diagonally, to serve
The instruction how to make Banoffee french toast
- Place the chocolate and cream in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High for 1 minute. Stir until melted and smooth. Set aside and keep warm.
- Place the egg, milk, sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth and combined.
- Melt 10g butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Dip 2 pieces of brioche in the egg mixture and turn to coat. Cook, turning, for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Wipe the pan clean with paper towel. Repeat with the remaining butter, brioche and egg mixture.
- Place the caramel in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Place a slice of French toast on each serving plate. Divide half the whipped cream, caramel and sliced banana among the French toast, covering each slice. Top with the remaining French toast, whipped cream, caramel and banana. Drizzle each toast stack with the warm chocolate sauce.
Nutritions of Banoffee french toastcalories: