Serve up some nostalgia, with a cheesecake recipe that nods to yesteryear malt flavours - Malt O Milk biscuits, Milo and Maltesers. Allow an extra 4 hours to set the cheesecake.
The ingredient of Malted banana cheesecake
- 250g packet Arnottu2019s Malt O Milk biscuits, halved
- 75g (3/4 cup) Milo
- 150g unsalted butter, melted
- 5g leaf titanium-strength gelatine (see Notes)
- 2 ripe bananas (200g peeled)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 250g full-fat cream cheese, softened
- 90g (1/4 cup) honey
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 250g mascarpone
- 155g packet Maltesers
- 50g dark chocolate (50% cocoa solids), chopped
The instruction how to make Malted banana cheesecake
- To make biscuit case, process biscuits and 50g (1/2 cup) Milo in a food processor to fine crumbs. Add butter and process until well combined.
- Grease a 23cm (3cm-deep) pie pan, then place a doubled 7cm-wide strip of foil across base and up side, extending 4cm beyond rim; this will make it easier to remove cheesecake when serving. Press biscuit mixture evenly over base and side of pan, then refrigerate for 15 minutes or until firm.
- To make cheesecake filling, soak gelatine in a bowl of cold water for 3 minutes to soften, then squeeze out excess water. Place 2 tablespoons boiling water in a small bowl, add gelatine and stir until dissolved. Mash bananas with lemon juice, then transfer to the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat banana mixture, cream cheese, honey and cloves on medium speed for 2 minutes or until smooth. Add gelatine mixture and beat until combined. Add mascarpone and beat for 2 minutes or until thick. Spoon into biscuit case, then level.
- To make topping, using a sharp knife, cut Maltesers in half. (To minimise them shattering, hold the point of the knife on a Malteser while steadying the Malteser using your other hand, then cut down; donu2019t worry if theyu2019re not perfect halves.) Scatter remaining 25g (1/4 cup) Milo evenly over cheesecake, then top with Maltesers, cut-side up, to cover.
- Fill a pan 3cm deep with boiling water and place chocolate in a small bowl. Place the bowl in the pan and stir until chocolate is melted (make sure water doesnu2019t get into the bowl of chocolate). Using a spoon, drizzle over Maltesers, then refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- Run a spatula around the pan to loosen cake. Serve cheesecake straight from the pan. Alternatively, using foil u2018handlesu2019, lift out cake partially, then carefully slide spatula under the base of the cake and transfer to a platter.
Nutritions of Malted banana cheesecakecalories: 738.271 calories
calories: 50 grams fat
calories: 32 grams saturated fat
calories: 63 grams carbohydrates
calories: 42 grams sugar
calories: 10 grams protein
calories: 238.12 milligrams sodium