A much-loved dessert favourite with a delicious banana twist!
The ingredient of Golden syrup banana bread dumplings
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup golden syrup
- 80g butter, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 1/3 cups self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup golden syrup, extra
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 2 bananas, extra, sliced diagonally
- Canola oil cooking spray
- Vanilla ice-cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Golden syrup banana bread dumplings
- Place 3/4 cup brown sugar, golden syrup, the water, cinnamon and half of the butter in a large saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place flour in a bowl. Using fingertips, rub in butter. Stir in extra golden syrup, milk and mashed banana.
- Drop level tablespoons of banana mixture into golden syrup mixture. Cook, covered, for 20 minutes or until dumplings are puffed and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat. Sprinkle sliced banana with remaining brown sugar. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden.
- Serve dumplings and sauce with caramelised banana and ice-cream.
Nutritions of Golden syrup banana bread dumplingscalories: