If youre wondering how to cook salmon for your next dinner party, this gourmet salmon recipe is well worth a try. With orange and parsnips this delicious meal guaranteed to impress.
The ingredient of Spiced salmon with parsnip puree & orange butter sauce
- 500ml (2 cups) orange juice
- 6 medium (800g) parsnips
- 90g butter
- 1 tbsp grated orange rind
- 4 tbsp cream
- 2 tsp sumac
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 6 (about 125g each) salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 3 oranges, segmented
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
The instruction how to make Spiced salmon with parsnip puree & orange butter sauce
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C.
- Place the orange juice in a saucepan over high heat and boil for 5-6 minutes or until it has reduced to about 100ml. Set aside.
- Cook the parsnips in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until soft, drain and cool slightly. Transfer to the bowl of a food processor and add salt, pepper, 75g butter, orange rind and cream, and whiz until you have a smooth puree. Set aside in a warm place while you cook the salmon.
- Combine sumac and flour on a piece of non-stick baking paper and season generously with salt and pepper. Dip skinless side of salmon fillets into the spice mixture to coat.
- Heat remaining butter and oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the salmon, seasoned-side down and cook for 1 minute. Turn and cook for another minute. Transfer to a baking tray and place in oven for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the wine to the orange juice and cook over high heat for about 5 minutes until reduced by half. Add the orange segments to just heat through. Stir in the chives. Place a generous serve of parsnip puree on each plate, top with a piece of salmon and drizzle with the sauce. Garnish with extra chives if desired.
Nutritions of Spiced salmon with parsnip puree & orange butter saucecalories: 570.971 calories
calories: 34 grams fat
calories: 15 grams saturated fat
calories: 27 grams carbohydrates
calories: 18 grams sugar
calories: 35 grams protein
calories: 129 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 184.12 milligrams sodium