Move over beef Wellington, this version made with Tasmanian Atlantic Salmon will have you hooked.
The ingredient of Garlic butter salmon wellington recipe
- 75g butter, softened
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh dill sprigs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 eschalot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp baby capers
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 4 sheets frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1.2kg skinless boneless Tasmanian Atlantic Salmon fillet
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Extra flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Garlic butter salmon wellington recipe
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place butter, parsley, dill, tarragon, eschalot, capers, garlic and lemon rind in a small food processor. Season with salt and pepper. Process until combined.
- Place 2 sheets of pastry, side by side, slightly overlapping, on a flat surface. Press pastry together to secure. Place on prepared tray. Sprinkle breadcrumbs, in a thin layer, lengthways along the centre of the pastry. Top with salmon. Spread salmon with garlic and herb butter. Drizzle with lemon juice. Place 2 remaining pastry sheets side by side, slightly overlapping, on a flat surface. Press pastry together to secure. Arrange over salmon. Leaving a 2cm border, trim edges of pastry around salmon. Press edges together with a fork to seal.
- Brush pastry with egg. Lightly score the top of the wellington at 2cm intervals in a diamond pattern. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 35 minutes or until pastry is golden and puffed and salmon is almost cooked through. Stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with extra parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Garlic butter salmon wellington recipecalories: