Create a restaurant-quality steak in your own home with this simple barbecue recipe accompanied by tasty corn mash.
The ingredient of Cajun-style beef with corn mash
- 4 beef T-bone steaks
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning (see note)
- 750g Desiree potatoes, peeled, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1/4 cup light thickened cream
- 300g can creamed corn
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 birdseye red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Baby spinach leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Cajun-style beef with corn mash
- Place steaks onto a plate. Sprinkle Cajun seasoning over both sides of steaks, pressing on with your fingertips. Cover. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Place potatoes into a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Cover with a lid. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Mash until smooth. Add cream, corn, chillies, chives, and salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Preheat a barbecue plate or frying pan on medium-high heat. Spray both sides of steaks with oil. Cook for 4 minutes each side for medium. Serve with corn mash and baby spinach.
Nutritions of Cajun-style beef with corn mashcalories: 665.137 calories
calories: 33 grams fat
calories: 14 grams saturated fat
calories: 35 grams carbohydrates
calories: 8 grams sugar
calories: 54 grams protein
calories: 132 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 636.13 milligrams sodium