Try something different this Christmas with this gourmet roast beef fillet and creamy mustard dressing.
The ingredient of Roast beef fillet with garlic and rosemary
- 1.25kg-piece beef eye fillet or 2 (600g each) beef fillets, trimmed
- 1/2 small bunch fresh rosemary
- 60ml (1/4 cup) light olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp light olive oil, extra
- 125g wholegrain mustard
- 1 1/3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp whole-egg mayonnaise
- Salt, to season
The instruction how to make Roast beef fillet with garlic and rosemary
- Preheat oven to 240u00b0C. Tie the beef at regular intervals with unwaxed white kitchen string to secure. Reserve 3 whole sprigs of rosemary. Coarsely chop 1 tablespoon of the remaining rosemary. Combine the chopped rosemary, oil and garlic in a small bowl. Rub the rosemary mixture over the beef. Thread the reserved rosemary sprigs under the string on the beef. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the extra oil in a roasting pan over high heat. Add the beef and cook, turning occasionally, for 6 minutes or until brown all over. Roast in oven, basting regularly with pan juices, for 15-20 minutes for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove beef from baking pan and transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 10-15 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, make mustard dressing: Use a fork to whisk together the mustard, honey and mayonnaise in a small bowl until well combined and creamy.
- Remove string and rosemary sprigs from the beef. Carve the beef across the grain into thick slices. Place on a serving platter and serve immediately with creamed honey mustard.
Nutritions of Roast beef fillet with garlic and rosemarycalories: