The ingredient of Roast chilli, beef & papaya salad
- 680g piece beef eye fillet
- 2 1/2 tbsp peanut oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 (about 90g) fresh long red chillies
- 1 (about 520g) papaya, quartered, deseeded, peeled, cut into 1cm-thick wedges
- 195g (3 cups) bean sprouts
- 2 cups firmly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh coriander leaves
- 50g piece dried tamarind (or 2 tsp tamarind paste)
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp fish sauce
The instruction how to make Roast chilli, beef & papaya salad
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Pat beef dry with paper towel and place in a roasting pan. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of the oil and season with salt and pepper. Place chillies on a baking tray and drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil. Roast the beef and chillies in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until chillies are charred and blistered. Remove chillies from the oven, transfer to a plastic bag and tie the end to close. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly (this helps lift the skin). Peel chillies, remove seeds and thinly slice. Place chilli in a large bowl.
- Reduce oven to 180u00b0C and cook the beef for a further 20 minutes for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Remove from the oven and set aside for 20 minutes to rest.
- Add the papaya, bean sprouts, mint and coriander to the chilli, and gently toss to combine.
- Place dried tamarind and hot water in a small heatproof bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes to soften. Drain tamarind from water and press the pulp through a sieve into a small bowl to make a paste. (Omit this step if using tamarind paste.)
- Combine remaining peanut oil, sugar, fish sauce and tamarind paste in a bowl.
- Slice the beef thinly across the grain. Divide the papaya salad among serving bowls, drizzle with the tamarind dressing, and gently toss to combine. Top with the sliced beef and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Roast chilli, beef & papaya saladcalories: