Try a twist on the classic roast dinner and impress your family, with spicy jerk beef with chilli and thyme roast vegetables. It is packs a spicy punch and ready in one hour, so you dont have to wait long.
The ingredient of Spicy jerk beef with chilli and thyme roast vegetables recipe
- 500g baby red-skinned potatoes, halved
- 350g Jarrahdale pumpkin, unpeeled, cut into thin wedges
- 1 corn cob, cut into 2cm rounds
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 175g baby capsicums, halved lengthways, seeds removed
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 130g cherry truss tomatoes, cut into bunches
- 2 tbsp spicy jerk seasoning
- 800g beef rump steak
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Fresh thyme leaves, to serve
- Spicy jerk seasoning, to serve
The instruction how to make Spicy jerk beef with chilli and thyme roast vegetables recipe
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced.
- Place potato, pumpkin, corn, onion, capsicum, chilli, thyme and half the oil in a large roasting pan. Season. Toss to coat. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, adding tomatoes to pan for the last 10 minutes, or until vegetables are golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, combine jerk seasoning and remaining oil in a bowl. Rub mixture all over steak to coat. Heat a large chargrill pan or barbecue grill on high heat. Cook steak for 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Slice.
- Combine sour cream and juice in a bowl. Season. Sprinkle with extra seasoning. Serve beef with vegetables and sour cream mixture.
Nutritions of Spicy jerk beef with chilli and thyme roast vegetables recipecalories: 639.325 calories
calories: 31.4 grams fat
calories: 9.7 grams saturated fat
calories: 37.1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 50.4 grams protein
calories: 138 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1169 milligrams sodium