For a special family meal or a dinner party standby, try Tobie Puttocks gourmet take on steak and three veg.
The ingredient of Beef in prosciutto with spinach and smashed spuds
- 4 small Red Delight potatoes
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh marjoram
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 8 wide slices prosciutto
- 4 thick beef fillet steaks
- 2 bunches English spinach
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
The instruction how to make Beef in prosciutto with spinach and smashed spuds
- Preheat oven to 200C. Bring potatoes to boil in a saucepan of salted water over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cool for 10 minutes..
- Transfer potatoes to a baking tray lined with baking paper. Use a plate to crush until 1.5-2cm thick. Drizzle over extra virgin olive oil. Season. Top with 1 tablespoon of the rosemary. Roast for 30-35 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, process the mushrooms, marjoram, half the garlic and remaining rosemary in a food processor until finely chopped. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Stir in the mushroom mixture for 3-5 minutes or until the liquid evaporates. Season. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Divide the mushroom mixture into 8 portions. Place 1 prosciutto slice on a work surface. Top with another slice crossways. Place 1 mushroom portion in centre. Top with a steak. Top with another portion. Fold over prosciutto. Repeat with remaining prosciutto, mushroom mixture and steaks.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of remaining oil in an ovenproof non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the steaks, turning, for 2 minutes each side or until brown. Transfer to oven. Roast for 8 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Rest for 6 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in remaining garlic for 1 minute or until aromatic. Stir in spinach for 2-3 minutes or until it wilts. Stir in lemon juice. Season.
- Divide the potatoes and spinach among plates. Top with steaks and any juices from the frying pan.
Nutritions of Beef in prosciutto with spinach and smashed spudscalories: 711.025 calories
calories: 41 grams fat
calories: 9 grams saturated fat
calories: 27 grams carbohydrates
calories: 59 grams protein