This country chicken pie is proudly brought to you by Western Star.
The ingredient of Country chicken pie
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 30g Western Staru2122 Original Butter
- 1 leek, trimmed, chopped
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 250g button mushrooms, quartered
- 2 bacon rashers, rind removed, chopped
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 80ml (1/3 cup) white wine
- 1 tbsp seeded mustard
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 200ml thickened cream
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh continental parsley, chopped
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
The instruction how to make Country chicken pie
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Heat the oil and Western Staru2122 Original Butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat until butter is foaming. Add the leek and onion. Cook, stirring often, for 4 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic, mushroom, bacon and chicken to the leek mixture. Cook, stirring often, for 5-6 minutes or until chicken is golden. Add the wine. Simmer for 2 minutes or until the liquid is reduced. Stir through the mustard. Sprinkle over the flour. Stir for 2 minutes, to coat. Add the cream, thyme and parsley. Season. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Transfer the chicken mixture to a pie dish and cover with pastry, trimming any excess. Use a fork to press the pastry to seal. Use a knife to make a small cross in the centre of the pastry. Lightly brush the pastry with egg. Cook for 30-40 minutes or until puffed and golden.
Nutritions of Country chicken piecalories: