If you love a good slow cooked meal, this chicken and eggplant stew will fast become one of your favourites.
The ingredient of Chicken, tomato and eggplant stew
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large chicken thigh cutlets, trimmed
- 2 eggplant, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 400g can cherry tomatoes in juice
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 375g rigatoni pasta
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup small fresh basil leaves
The instruction how to make Chicken, tomato and eggplant stew
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook chicken, turning, for 7 minutes or until browned. Transfer to slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat pan over medium-high heat. Cook eggplant, turning, for 7 minutes or until browned. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Add onion, garlic, tomatoes and 1/2 the chilli to slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low, for 4 hours or until chicken is falling off the bone. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta following packet directions until tender. Drain well. Top pasta with stew and serve sprinkled with ricotta, basil and remaining chilli.
Nutritions of Chicken, tomato and eggplant stewcalories: 767.19 calories
calories: 29.8 grams fat
calories: 9.8 grams saturated fat
calories: 78 grams carbohydrates
calories: 40.8 grams protein
calories: 136 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 317 milligrams sodium